Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Moving In, Out, & On

My first weekend with the ability to blog and I am already falling short! Oh well, I will try and make up for it by writing an extra long post today. As I said in my first post, I am very close to my family and love spending time with them, however, in light of recent circumstances, talking about them via my blog presents somewhat of a problem because very few people who may read this know my family. So I may as well spill the beans now and get it over with--my eclectic family.Dad: When I was in eighth grade, my Dad passed away. While this was certainly a difficult challenge for my family, I believe it actually helped to make us stronger and closer.
Mom: My mom is one of my best friends. We have always been close, but since I have gone away to college, we have grown even closer, I love spending time with my Mom and while we don't always see eye-to-eye, we challenge each other to expand our horizons and she makes a great running partner!
Chris: My mom's fiancee and truly one of the greatest guys I have ever met. He treats my mom like gold and spoils me and my siblings as well. We feel so blessed to have him in our lives, even with all his quarks and eccentricities--like not being able to fall asleep until all the laundry is done and the dishwasher is empty!
Sean: At 8 years old, Sean is all-boy, all the the time. From football and basketball to Wii and Playstation, Sean is in constant need of attention and entertainment, not surprising but certainly challenging! While there are 11 years between the two of us, we are still very close. I am his go-to-gal for haircuts, ice-cream sundaes, and countless games of Trouble!



Erin and Andrew: In late April, my siblings, Erin and Andrew, were killed in a car accident. My sister Erin was 17 and was a Junior in high school and my brother Andrew was 13 and in the 7th grade. Losing my siblings has been one of the most challenging and difficult things I have had to deal with, and am still dealing with. While I have my good days and my bad days, my hope is to live my life in a way that will keep their memories alive as well as their strong and vibrant spirits.




Moving on...as a result of my siblings recent deaths, my Mom, Sean, and I have moved in with Chris at his house. As a pseudo bachelor for the past 10 years (he lived with his son, Cory, who is a sophomore at Baldwin-Wallace) it has been quite an adjustment for him and us too! It has been great getting to decorate a new room, I even got an upgrade from a twin sized bed to a queen! However, it is a challenge for me as well because I have never moved before. Not only have I unearthed countless piles of junk to sort through but I am also sad to be leaving behind the house I grew up in.

Well, hopefully I haven't scared you all off yet with all of my family drama! On a lighter note, I have also had to move desks at work since another employee was transferred. On the up side, I now have a desk with a window view, on the down side, I am closer to my bosses office and now am having more difficulty working on my blog!

Hopefully I will be able to devise an incognito way to get onto my blog tomorrow without having to look over my shoulder every 5 seconds for my boss! Otherwise, I will be back tomorrow after work!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, Melissa. I'm so sorry to hear about the recent (and not so recent) challenges you've encountered at your young age. I'm hoping that writing about them can help you cope.

    Anxious to read more. Keep your head up and I look forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa - thanks for your comments on my "How We Met" post. I'm just catching up on your blog. I'm so sorry that you've dealt with so much pain already. My heart aches for you and your family. Hang in there - you're sure to find lots and lots of support here in Blogland. :)

    Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading back to the start of your blog. Hang in there girl! you have a fabulous family behind you!

    ReplyDelete