Monday, July 12, 2010

A Baby Shower and a Bachelorette Party

The past few weeks have been super busy but they have been an absolute blast! We have been celebrating Baby Showers, Bachelorette Parties, the 4th of July, and my Mom & Chris' Big Day. So while my posts have been few and far between, I am going to try and catch up over the next few days.The craziness all began a few weekends ago when my Aunt Kathleen had her baby shower. Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Dean are pregnant for the first time and are so excited to become new parents and I am excited to have a new cousin too! Since they are not finding out if the baby is a boy or a girl, it has been dubbed "Baby DePiero" or Baby D for short. The shower was Aunt Kathleen's 2nd shower, since she is from West Virginia and already had a shower there a few weeks before her shower here in Ohio, which of course meant that when my Mom and I went to buy gifts off the registry, the pickings were slim! We ended up getting her a few different things, including a changing table mattress, sheets, outfits, and other assorted baby paraphernalia!
Grandi and I at the Baby Shower

Pam and the Mommy-to-Be!


As Uncle Dean said "We are going to need to buy a bigger house just to store all of this stuff!"
Uncle Dean, Aunt Kathleen, Grandma & Grandpa

After the Baby Shower came my Mom's Bachelorette Parties. Each of her different groups of friends hosted a party for her. The first of the three was at my second cousin Katie's house. It was very low key, we all enjoyed a great meal of roasted chicken, salad, fruit salad, and my aunt's famous scalloped potatoes and for dessert we had some of the most delicious pastries from a local bakery. Of course, it was a bacheloerette party, so my Mom was bound to get a few interesting gifts to say the least! Leave it to Aunt Kathleen to get her the best gift of all, a tuxedo thong...not for her, but for Chris--pictures to come, I have to find my other memory card first!Me, my Mom, Aunt Lili, and Aunt Kathleen


My Mom and Tony, Chris' Best Friend


My Mom and I

My Mom and Chris, meeting up at Tony's restaraunt after their Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties

I will continue the saga tomorrow, with another bachelorette party, the fourth of July, and the rehearsal dinner! I love the crazy busy days of summer! :)

2 comments:

  1. First of all, you and your mom look SO much alike! And she is so cute, so the future looks good for you! Ha! Secondly, I wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you during this season of life and loss. I can't imagine what all your family has gone through. And thirdly, I'm so glad you enjoy my blog. I am still working on reading through some of your posts and I can't wait to see the shirts you are sewing. From the look of your hobbies, I bet you would enjoy my sister-in-law's blog. Although you are a far cry from a mother of 5 and homeschooling them all! Ha! She and her family run races nearly every weekend during running season (is there such a thing?), she LOVES to cook (meal plan), and her daughters sew and crochet like crazy! She is also an avid reader. I love to read when I have time. My favorite is Karen Kingsbury. Just a thought. I look forward to keeping up with you in the future. As far as filling you in on my mom's business (I am a part of it too.), I'm gonna get her to post on here to give you the basics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these pictures!! Didn't get to see the pics of her shower until now!

    ReplyDelete