Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chinese Water Torture

This post has absolutely no point, so I apologize in advance. If you want to stop reading now, I would completely understand, in fact, I may even recommend it. So if you get about half way through and are questioning if this post is some kind of cruel Chinese water torture, just remember…you were warned.

  1. Normally I am not all that into slapstick humor but lately I have been finding the most ridiculous things funny. What types of things you ask? Well let me try to explain. So as I am talking to my friend Becky on the phone (a feat in and of itself because I truly despise talking on the phone), she begins to tell me about the date she went on to a restaurant called Steak on a Stone. Naturally I ask her what type of steak and side she ordered. If it were me going, I would go with a filet and a baked potato covered in enough butter to make Paula Deen cringe and I would probably want a roll or two to sop up the steak juices and also probably dessert. But I digress. So anyway, Becky tells me that she ordered chicken and steamed broccoli. Thinking I may have misheard or her or perhaps been in a caffeine-induced coma (I had about 4 cups of coffee that morning) I asked her to repeat what she had gotten. No worries, my ears and fine and no coma to report—instead I got a full-fledged ab workout from laughing, at the fact that my friend ordered chicken and broccoli at a customized steak restaurant, where they grill the steak in front of you. About ten minutes later, after I finally recovered from my hysterical laughing, I asked her why exactly she chose chicken and broccoli and she claimed “I no longer like the taste of steak.” Which set me off laughing again. For at least another ten minutes. And that is only one example of the ridiculous things I have been laughing at.
  2. We put our house up for sale last Friday and someone is doing a walk-through tomorrow. Apparently these said home wreckers (in case you are a bit behind on my posts, I am not too thrilled with this whole moving thing) are from New Jersey. Which has lead me to imagine a woman with a Bump-It in her hair and a man popping ‘roids walking through my house and snarkily commenting on the lack of any Italian paraphernalia or a built-in tanning bed. Disclaimer: I have in fact NEVER actually watched the tv show Jersey Shore, nor have I ever been to New Jersey. I am sure it is a great state with many wonderful people. And I am also sure the tv show details the lives of very down-to-earth, normal people—I mean it is, after all, reality tv.
  3. I have a slight obsession with watermelon. It is my all-time favorite fruit and since it is in season, I am addicted. Seriously. I may need to be in rehab when the fall hits and watermelon is no longer available. I am cutting up one of these bad boys about every 3 days.
  4. I think I may have overfed my fish Felix. I feed him ever y night before I go to bed and the other night I accidently dumped in about ¾ of a container of fish food. He is looking rather lethargic and even after I tap on the glass he is still just kind of floating around—NO he is not floating around because he is dead. I think he just overate and can’t figure out how to recover, kind of like how I feel for about 4 hours after eating on Thanksgiving…

To try and redeem myself I will try to wrap up with a few comments that may in fact have some sort of substance to them.

  1. As I have mentioned a few times before, reading is one of my all-time favorite hobbies. Currently I am reading the book The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. If you have not read it, I highly recommend it. It is set in the 1960’s and chronicles the lives of several different women living in the South. Specifically, it contrasts the experiences of 4 white women and from what I can tell so far, 3 African American women. It is a stellar read thus far and I am having a hard time putting it down.
  2. While I love, love, love to run I have rarely tried out my abilities in a competitive context. I have run a few 5K’s here and there but nothing too serious. However, on August 14th I am training to hopefully run my first 10K. If you live in the Cleveland area and want to support a great cause, please sign up for the LifeBanc 5K/10K/1.5 Walk. LifeBanc is a terrific organization that needs help to spread awareness about all of the wonderful things it does to help support families who have individuals who are donor candidates as well as families who are donor recipients and of course the recipients themselves. Click here to go to the link for the event. My family is sponsoring a team called The Drewin Crew and would appreciate any runners/walkers/donations. Thanks in advance.

Well, if you made it through to here, kudos. I will try to post something more meaningful next time but I can’t make any promises!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I commented on your blog a while back. I just wanted to let you know there is a webcast by a very successful coworker of mine tonight at 7pm CST. It will highlight what I do and how I actually generate my income.
    Go to www.melaleuca.com/deliveringwellness
    enter passcode 2174d0 (that is a zero on the end)
    Then call 424-203-8400 passcode 1016602#.
    You will then see and hear. I will be on there as well. Let me know if you can if you will be on there. email me at dsusansmith@comcast.net. Hope to hear from you!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete